Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cool and completely delicious

I mentioned the food trucks that were lined up in front of the museum for First Friday, but there is one that I adore and that would be the Coolhaus Ice Cream Truck.




How much do I love this truck? There was a french fry truck parked right next to it and after some perusing I decided to have an ice cream sandwich for dinner.

This is not your mama's ice cream sandwich.

First you choose your cookie. Your not too sweet, and just right soft cookie. You can have Red Velvet, Oatmeal, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip or a Vegan Carrot Cake cookie.

Next you choose your ice cream. Sounds easy enough, but with flavors like Brown Butter & Candied Bacon, Flourless Chocolate Cake, Sea Salt Caramel and Makers Mark Manhattan Cocktail I was standing there for a while. The sweetie pie guy manning the truck that night was nice enough to give us some samples and I really wanted to eat everything in every possible combo, but settled on the Manhattan Makers Mark Cocktail on a dark chocolate cookie. *They have great stuff for the traditionalists too - Tahitian Vanilla anyone?

It was heaven.

Thank God he also gave me a little paper boat to catch the drips, so I could make sure I got every single bit, and not get it all over myself.

This was such a delicious experience I wanted to go back and have a couple more, but we were going to dinner after the museum and that's a whole 'nother post.

Coolhaus has a brick and mortar location that opened in Culver City in November of 2011. You can go to their website, eatcoolhaus.com to connect on Twitter and Facebook and get all the updates on their doin's. They also have trucks in New York, Austin and Miami so you can get your fix on both coasts and in the middle.

That is deliciously cool!

Coolhaus
8588 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...